- 10 MPH Speed Limit throughout the Resort
- Quiet Hours are from 11:00 PM – 7:00 AM.
- Between these hours vehicles and golf carts may not be driven in the resort, except directly to your campsite or vacation rental.
- Show consideration & courtesy to your neighbors by turning off unnecessary lights and ceasing all unnecessary noise.
- Late night walks to the beach are permissible, however, please do not roam around the resort during quiet hours.
- For your safety Lakewood Camping Resort is patrolled year-round by licensed Security Officers.
- All ticket fines issued by security must be paid directly to the front desk. Failure to comply will result in the eviction of the guest(s) without refund.
- Open from 6 a.m. until 1 a.m.
- Entrance into the resort is monitored by the use of car passes that must be displayed at all times while inside the resort.
- No one may enter the park after 1 AM.
- The entrance gate is staffed 24 hours a day for emergencies and early departures.
- PERSONAL GOLF CARTS & NEVs ARE NOT PERMITTED except by those guests with Annual Lease Sites and then ONLY when the Annual Lease office issues a permit.
- Golf carts may be rented from Graham Golf Cars onsite facility ONLY; reservations are not required. For rates and information, call 1-866-213-3978.
- You must be at least 16 YEARS OLD and have a valid driver’s license in your possession to operate a golf cart or Segway. (Beginners permits are not acceptable).
- Violators will be fined $100 and/or the loss of golf cart privileges, with no refund of rental fees or annual permit fee.
- Electric-powered “Mobility Scooters” for the disabled are permitted with special prior permission from the management. Guests who have been issued a valid state-issued disability parking placard or card must provide it prior to arrival and again upon arrival with valid photo ID. Mobility Scooters will be inspected upon arrival to ensure approval.
Extra Guest & Day Visitors
- Campsite rates are based on a family of up to 7, traveling in one vehicle, and one camping unit per campsite.
- Registered guests are responsible for the conduct of their Day Visitors. Day Visitors must depart the resort by 11 PM daily or be registered as an EXTRA GUEST.
- Day visitors are not allowed when the resort is at full capacity.
Vehicle and Parking Information
- Campsite rates allow for the parking of (1) one vehicle.
- A second vehicle may be allowed on the campsite, space permitted, and fees will apply.
- Additional $5.00 per night for the second vehicle.
- A third vehicle may be parked in our designated overflow parking area, subject to availability and fees apply.
- Overflow parking is $10.00 per night.
- Our designated overflow parking area is limited and subject to availability.
- Day visitors parking a vehicle within the resort must obtain a parking pass from the main office and are valid from 8 AM until 11 PM on the date of the issue ONLY. Fees will apply. Parking passes are not issued when the resort is at full capacity.
- License plate numbers are required to be registered by all guests and visitors entering the resort.
- Outside of standard cars, trucks, and RVs, no motorized vehicles are permitted in the resort, including, but is not limited to, ATV’s, (both 3 and 4 wheelers), NEV’s, motorized scooters, motorized bicycles, mini-bikes, slingshot trikes, dune buggies, hoverboards, personal golf carts, and utility vehicles.
- Pedal-assist bikes may be approved by management.
- Motorcycles are permitted throughout the year on the twenty (20) designated entrance sites ONLY. However, during designated and sanctioned bike week festivals, motorcycles are allowed in other areas of the resort. Be sure to ask for festival dates before assuming you may drive your motorcycles to your site.
- Parking within the resort is by permit ONLY. All illegal and unauthorized vehicles will be towed from the premises at the vehicle owner’s or operator’s expense. Towing Enforced at all times.
- Vehicles parked in the overflow parking area not displaying a valid Lakewood Camping Resort overflow parking pass visibly from the rearview mirror will be towed at the vehicle owner’s or operator’s expense. The permit must be forward facing and visible for security to read. Lakewood Camping Resort sticker decals are not valid parking permits for overflow parking.
- Overflow parking expires at 10 AM on the date displayed on the parking permit.
- Lakewood Camping Resort is not responsible or liable for vehicle accidents, vehicle damage, or stolen property while parked in any parking area within the resort. Please keep vehicles locked at all times.
- Swim at your own risk
- Rules concerning the use of swimming pools are posted at those areas.
Bicycles, Skateboards & Roller Blades
- Bicycles, skateboards, and roller blades are not allowed on any pool deck, in the Trading Post, River Town Golf, the Arcade, Theater, Information Center, Registration Office, Coffee House, Sand Castle Creamery, or on any public walkway.
- Electric bikes and scooters are not allowed inside the resort.
- Anyone riding a bicycle after dark must have proper working headlights and taillights; violators will be fined $25.
- Must follow all South Carolina Laws regarding bicycle operations.
- Campfires are permitted with adult supervision on campsites ONLY; Campfires are not allowed on the beach.
- Do not leave your campfire unattended.
- Safely extinguish campfire after each use.
- All guests are responsible for cleaning up their campfires before check-out.
- All pets must be registered with the main office upon check-in.
- Assistance and Law Enforcement Dogs, though not classified as pets, must abide by all pet rules. Certification must be provided at Check-in.
- Only non-aggressive, QUIET pets are permitted. The following dogs will not be allowed within the resort: Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Chow Chows, and Dalmatians.
- Prohibited pets and any pet that creates a nuisance must be placed in a local kennel at the pet owner’s expense.
- Pets are not permitted to leave your campsite boundary or vacation rental without supervision and must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet long at all times. Lines used as dog runners are not to be attached to trees. Please do not leave your pet outside and unattended.
- Pet owners must clean up after their pet; please locate and use the Pet Waste Disposal Stations located throughout the resort. Be considerate of other campers who will be using your site after you and your pet check-out.
- Pet waste bags, wipes, and other non-biodegradable materials must be placed in pet wastebaskets located throughout the resort or in guest’s garbage for disposal. The placement of non-biodegradable materials into the sewer connection on site is prohibited. Please do not flush anything other than toilet tissue into our sewer system.
- Pets are prohibited from all public buildings, pools, playground, and lake & beachfront recreation areas.
- Horry County Ordinance: NO ANIMALS are permitted on the beach from 10 AM to 5 PM, May 1 through Labor Day.
- Reptiles, exotic animals, or any similar type are prohibited.
Alcoholic Beverages are not Prohibited
- Lakewood is a family-oriented resort; as such, the use of alcoholic beverages within the resort is not prohibited.
- Anyone publicly intoxicated or publicly displaying any alcohol (i.e., open containers) will be fined $100 by Lakewood security or management and risk being removed from the resort with no refund of stay.
- For our guests’ safety, the discharging of fireworks within the resort or on the beach is strictly prohibited.
- Fireworks will be confiscated and can result in expulsion from the park without refund and/or prosecution.
- The flying of drones or model aircraft in the resort is strictly prohibited.
- Flags are permitted to be flown but must fit into a 2ft x 2ft size. Flags on golf cars must not exceed 24” x 24” (must not impede vision of driver. No whip antennas or extended post mounted flags are permitted. Flags with vulgarity or inappropriate language are not allowed.
- Please acquire management approval before washing any vehicle or RV unit.
Clothes Lines & Hammocks
- Clotheslines are not permitted to be attached to our trees; violators will be fined $50 per day until removed.
- Dyers are provided in our Laundromat.
- Hammocks with their frame are permitted in the resort.
- Only ENO hammocks and ENO strapping are permitted to be attached to our trees within the boundaries of guest’s designated site. No hammocks can be attached to a tree unless using the environmentally friendly ENO straps; violators will be fined $50 per day until removed.
- Lakewood Camping Resort assumes no liability if a guest is injured during the use of an ENO hammock.
- Campsite reservations do not guarantee the accommodations for ENO hammocks.
Sanitary Dump Station
- There is a $5 fee for the use of the sanity dump station by a non-registered guest.
US Mail & Message Board
- Alphabetical mailboxes & a mail drop are located in the lobby of the Main Office for resort guests.
- Phone message left with the switchboard will be placed alphabetically in the guest mailbox.
- Emergency messages will be delivered.
Check-Out and Check-In Time
- Check-out time is 11 AM; Check-in time is 3:00 PM.
- Campers must check-out by 11 AM, or an additional night stay will be charged to the guest’s credit card on file.
- Please make arrangements with the main office no later than 9 AM if you wish to stay over or if your departure is delayed due to an emergency.
- Guest(s) departing on Sunday who wishes to attend church service are strongly advised to attend the early service due to 11 AM check-out.
Waterpark and Pool Rules
- Please obey all posted safety rules and oral instructions from attendants and lifeguards.
- Appropriate swim attire is required – (swimsuit w/liner), no t-shirts or sports shorts are allowed.
- Must follow all posted rules and regulations.
- Adult swim scheduled between 9 AM and 10 AM at the indoor pool is a time of relaxation for guests 21 years of age or older. Lakewood respectfully requests all patrons 20 years of age or younger to adhere to the adult swim policy by vacating the premises during this time.
- A first aid kit is located at the lifeguard stand. Emergency phone and life-saving equipment are located within the pool and waterpark complexes.
- We ask guests to reference the Lakewood Life pamphlet received at check-in for appropriate hours of operation regarding the waterpark, pools, and spa. All activities and locations posted in the Lakewood Life and the Lakewood Camping Resort website are subject to change without notice. Wristbands and resort ID are required for entry into these amenities.
Waterslide Safety Rules
- Maximum weight of the rider is 300 LBS.
- Minimum height of 48” tall to ride the waterslide. Any children under the height requirement may enjoy the slides located in the kids’ interactive splash area or the slide at the outdoor pool.
- Eyeglasses must be securely affixed to the rider with a strap.
- One rider on the single rider waterslides at one time.
- Never form chains.
- Slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back or in a sitting position (sit up-go slower, lie down-go faster).
- Riders must be seated in a face-forward position.
- Riders must stay on the tubes during the ride. If you accidentally fall from the tube, continue down the flume without it and exit normally.
- Speed slide must be ridden feet first lying on your back with legs firmly crossed at the ankles and arms folded across the chest (to prevent elbows from contacting the flume).
- Do not uncross your legs or attempt to sit up until you come to a stop in the pool.
- Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets, or metal ornamentation is not permitted.
- Riders must wait for attendant’s start signal before entering the waterslide.
- Keep legs, arms, and hands inside the flume at all times.
- Do not run, dive, stand, kneel, rotate or stop in the slide.
- At the end of the slide, obey all instructions by splash pool attendant and exit quickly, taking your tube.
WARNING: For safety reasons, pregnant women and persons with heart conditions or back trouble should not ride these waterslides.
- Elderly persons and those suffering from disease, diabetes, high or low blood pressure should consult their physician before using the spa.
- Use of this spa while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or prescription drugs should be avoided.
- Persons should spend no more than fifteen (15) minutes in the spa at any one (1) session. Long exposures may result in nausea, dizziness, or fainting.
- Guests are not permitted to turn the timer off when leaving the spa.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in the spa.
- Pregnant women should not use the spa without consulting their physician.
- Maximum temperature allowed by the SC Dept. of Health & Environmental Control for any spa is 104°
All Lakewood Camping Resort guests and LCR Rental Management guests, Beachwood residents, and Annual Lease residents must wear the wristband received upon registration to access any available amenities and attractions (including the indoor & outdoor pools). Access to attractions will be prohibited from any registered guest not wearing a wristband, with no exceptions. Lakewood employees have the right to deny access to any attraction, as well as confiscate resort wristbands from any guest not abiding by Lakewood Camping Resort rules and regulations. Horseplay will not be tolerated; wristband privileges will be revoked for the remainder of the registered guest stay.
Guests staying in one of our villas are entitled to as many wristbands as their unit accommodates.
Guests can purchase a maximum of two additional wristbands for $15 per person per day.
Visitors of a registered guest of Lakewood Camping Resort, LCR Rental Management, Beachwood residents, and Annual Lease residents may purchase the Family Value Fun Pass daily at the front desk for $15 per person per day.
Please be advised that attractions are primarily outdoor activities and may not be available year-round. Attractions may be unavailable due to weather-related circumstances such as rain, hail, high winds, lightning, hurricanes, tornado watch, or warnings, as well as unexpected mechanical or attraction malfunction.
Only wristbands whole and intact with Lakewood Logo and RFID chip are considered valid.
Reservations include up to seven wristbands. These wristbands must all be claimed at check-in. Any wristbands requested after check-in are $15 per person per day. Guests can purchase up to three additional wristbands for 10 total bands maximum.
A broken, torn, or cut wristband returned by a registered guest will be replaced and result in a $2.50 replacement fee. In the event of a lost or stolen wristband, all wristbands issued to a registered guest will be replaced and result in a $15.00 replacement fee.
Lakewood Camping Resort Management reserves the right of eviction of any guest without refund upon the following basis:
- NON-COMPLIANCE OF LAKEWOOD CAMPING RESORT POLICIES, RULES OR REGULATIONS
- VERBAL OR PHYSICAL THREAT TO ANOTHER RESORT GUEST OR LAKEWOOD EMPLOYEE
- POSSESSION OF DANGEROUS, DEADLY OR CONCEALED WEAPONS, FIREARMS, FIREWORKS OR EXPLOSIVES
- DELIBERATE DAMAGE OR DESTRUCTION OF PROPERTY BELONGING TO LAKEWOOD OR GUEST
- DISORDERLY, IMMORAL, OR INDECENT CONDUCT
- NON-PAYMENT OF FINE IMPOSED UPON A RESORT GUEST BY LAKEWOOD CAMPING RESORT MANAGEMENT OR SECURITY
The most complained about Guest behaviors:
$100 fine with or without warning.
- Loud, Lewd, or vulgar music on a golf cart, while walking or at your site.
- DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE!
- “CRUISING” DURING QUIET TIME HOURS (11pm-7am) with no legitimate destination.
- No warnings for taking rental cars off property!
- No warnings for underage or reckless driving.
VACATION RENTALS REFER TO THE VACATION RENTAL INFORMATION AND POLICIES PAGE