- Campsite rates are based on a family of up to 7 people, traveling in one vehicle and one camping unit per campsite.
- One picnic table is provided on each campsite.
- Free basic cable television connection
- Free electric service; 20/30/50 amp. electric connections are available on most sites
- The operation of personal generators is not permitted within Lakewood Camping Resort.
- Free water & sewer service
- Free year round daily on-site garbage removal service
- Guests should place garbage bags by site marker no later than 8 a.m., not the night before collection. Garbage bags are unsightly and attract animals.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Campsite rates include for the parking of (1) one vehicle.
- A second vehicle may be allowed on the campsite, space permitted and fees apply. Additional $5.00 per night for the second vehicle.
- A third vehicle may be parked in our designated overflow parking area, subject to availability and fees apply. Overflow parking is $10.00 per night. Our designated overflow parking area is extremely limited and subject to availability.
- License plate numbers are required to be registered by all guests and visitors entering the resort.
- Our speed limit of 10 MPH is strictly enforced.
Extra On-Site Tent or Screen Room:
- Only one (1) two person tent (5×7 or smaller) is permitted on site with a guest camping unit; a $10 per day additional fee will be applied to the entire guest reservation. The use of an additional tent must be mentioned at time of reservation and no later than check-in. The size of the campsite may restrict its use.
- No additional charge for the use of a screen room.
- All pets must be registered with the main office upon check-in.
- Assistance dogs and law enforcement dogs, though not classified as pets must abide by all pet rules. Certification must be provided at check-in.
- Only non-aggressive, quiet pets are permitted at each site.
- Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers, Akitas, Chow Chows, and Dalmatians are prohibited in the resort. All prohibited pets will be required to be boarded in a local kennel at the pet owner’s expense.
- Pets are not permitted to leave your campsite boundary without supervision. Please do not leave your pet outside and unattended.
- Pets must be on a leash no longer than 6 feet long at all times.
- Lines used as dog runners may not be attached to trees.
- Pets making excessive noise or creating any other nuisance will be required to be boarded in a local kennel at the pet owner’s expense.
- Pet owners must clean up after their pets. Pet waste disposal stations are located throughout the resort for your convenience. Pet owners are required to properly dispose of pet waste. Please be considerate of other campers that will be using your site after you and your pet check-out.
- Pet waste bags, wipes and other non biodegradable materials must be placed in pet waste baskets located throughout the resort or in guest’s garbage for disposal. The placement of non biodegradable materials into the sewer connection on site is prohibited. Please do not flush anything other than toilet tissue into our sewer system.
- Pets are prohibited from all public buildings, pools, playground, lake and beach front recreation areas.
- Horry County Ordinance: NO ANIMALS are permitted on the beach during the hours of 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. from May 1st through Labor Day. Reptiles, exotic animals or any similar type are totally prohibited.
May 12-Sept. 2, 2018
- Non-Oceanfront: 4-night minimum
- Oceanfront: 7-night minimum
Discount & Special Rates
- All discounts will be applied at check-in.
- Available Jan. 1 – March 23, and Sept. 3 – Dec. 31, 2018.
(Jan. 1 – March 23, and Sept. 3 – Dec. 31, 2018)
- 10% of each night’s regular rate when 7 nights or more are paid in advance.
Senior Citizen Discount (Age 55 & over)
(Jan. 1 –
March 23, and Sept. 3 – Dec. 31, 2018)
- 10% of each night’s regular rate.
30-Day “Extended Stay Rate”
(Jan. 1 –
March 23, and Sept. 3 – Dec. 31, 2018)
- Available when 30 nights or more are paid in advance.
- The balance of any reservation made within the same calendar year is due at the time of reserving to process each reservation. Payment upon arrival is not accepted.
- All reservations made 12 months or greater in advance require a $100 deposit in order to process the reservation.
- The balance of any reservation made 12 months or greater in advance is due March 1st of the reservation year. Reservations with past due balances will be canceled March 2nd of the reservation year. Payment upon arrival is not accepted.
- All rate, fee, SC state and local tax increases implemented after reservation confirmation, are the responsibility of the guest.
- Guests who have paid for 90 consecutive days are entitled to a refund of all S.C. taxes paid.
- Types of payments accepted are: cash, debit card, Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Personal checks are not accepted at the front desk.
- All cancellations 14 days or more prior to arrival date will incur a $25 cancellation fee.
- All cancellations less than 14 days prior to arrival date will incur a $50 cancellation fee.
- No refunds for early departure, no shows, or changing to a lesser priced accommodation after arrival.
- Campers must check-out by 10 a.m. or an additional night stay will be charged to the guest.
- Camping is an outdoor experience, therefore, we are not responsible nor do we give refunds or credits due to the discomforts of nature.
Campsite Reservation Policies
- Reservations accepted up to 24 months in advance.
- Reservations are accepted for families ONLY.
- Reservations are not accepted for singles under the age of 25 years old. Failure to follow this policy will result in a cancellation fee as well as prohibited entrance into the resort.
- Reservations are subject to availability.
- ALL reservations are guaranteed by block location ONLY. Specific sites numbers are never guaranteed.
- Specific sites, shade, door facing ocean and other special request will be noted.
- Make your reservation for the entire length of your stay; renewal of your campsite cannot be guaranteed.
- Free Services – Water, Sewer, Electric, Basic Cable, Wi-Fi & Daily On-Site Trash Removal.
- Check-in is after 4 p.m.; Check out by 10 a.m.
- Entrance into the resort is not allowed until after official check-in.
Storage Customers/Campsite Reservations
- No charge to pull a storage unit to a reserved site.
- Lakewood strives to have your storage camper located on site by 4 p.m. check-in; however, you may experience delays during our peak season, holiday weekends, or due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Reservations must be placed by the owner of the storage unit regardless of who will be staying in the unit.
- Written permission from the owner must be supplied upon check-in if a guest of the owner is to use the storage unit. Lakewood is not responsible for furnishing keys to an owner’s guest.
- All storage reservations require a 24-hour notice.
- Lakewood will not pull camping units to/from other facilities.
- Lakewood no longer provides temporary storage.
Camping Unit Parking Instructions
- Guest are required to back onto their campsite. DO NOT PULL THRU CAMPSITES. (This excludes 7001-7005 and most 1300 row sites)
- Guest are not permitted to park their camping unit sideways or pull forward onto campsites.
- Guest are required to park their camping unit on designated site base area where the water and sewer connections are located.
- Guest are not permitted to park their camping unit on area designated for picnic table.
Guest who violate the camping unit parking instructions will be responsible for any related campsite repairs. In the event their camping unit becomes inoperable due to parking incorrectly on soft grounds fees for towing will be the guest responsibility.